Enjoy the Ward Foundation’s Sam Dyke Memorial “Old Bird” Antique Decoy Competition, sponsored by the Delmarva Decoy Collectors Association, at this year’s Easton Waterfowl Festival on November 10-12, 2023!
Here is a chance to display a favorite decoy or two from your collection and perhaps take home a ribbon! Working decoys made before 1950 will be judged in the following ten categories:
- Best Cobb Island Decoy
- Best Dorchester County Decoy
- Best Ward Brothers Mallard Drake Decoy
- Best Cecil County Decoy
- Best Wood Duck Decoy
- Best Elliot Brothers’ Decoy
- Best John Smith Decoy
- Best Virginia Shorebird Decoy
- Best Charles Birch Decoy
- Best Hartford County Decoy
To enter this competition, you must:
- Personally register your decoys between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 10, 2023 during the Waterfowl Festival at the Easton High School.
- Entry fee: Free, donations encouraged.
- Enter only single-working decoys. No pairs.
- Agree to display entries at the Ward Foundation table during the Easton Waterfowl Festival, allowing for entries to be photographed for the Ward Foundation and those photos to be shared.
The winners in each category and the Best in Show decoys will be determined by a panel of three impartial judges. Judging will take place on Saturday, November 11, 2023. Winners will be given ribbons, photographed, and displayed on the Ward Foundation table during the Easton Waterfowl Festival.
All decoys should be picked up between 3:00 and 4:00 pm on Sunday, November 12, 2023.
For information email Kristie Clattenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorships available.
This event is sponsored by the Delmarva Decoy Collectors Association and the Waterfowl Festival!